Thursday, November 1, 2012

Twenty Five Days of Gratitude: Quality Time

November One! I am doing a mental happy dance. Coffee, the elliptical, craft store, and lunch with Ivy's daddy. I am starting the month off right with quality time.

I wish that I could grasp quality time every day. And I should. My mind has a hard time staying clear. Is that part of self discipline or is it part of human nature? These sunny days after all the shit has flown. They matter. When I follow through on a list and notice every crease in my daughters smiling eyes. When I am able to multi-task at the craft store and enjoy a thirty minute work out without a worry thought. When I decide to choose my words wisely and speak only kindness toward my husband.

This be quality time.


I am thankful for time. I am. But often times I am awful at managing it. I feel paralyzed by all my many ideas. There is so much I want to do. There is so much to do.

I think it goes back to deep breathing. Like, the idea of taking a minute to inhale and exhale. Conscientiously. That's how I HAVE to handle time, otherwise I explode. Anxiety explosion, every body run! I need to sit in the minutes, regardless of what I am doing, and eat them like a healthy meal. Slowly, appreciating what they are doing for my mind, body, and soul.

Today I am grateful for quality time. But even more, grateful for time. To try and be better about allowing what will be and making the most of freedom.

An orange colored day to you and you!


No comments:

Post a Comment