Friday, November 9, 2012

Twenty Five Days of Gratitude: Ivy



I am grateful for Ivy.
She turned two years old yesterday.
Hummingbirds carried this past year.
Zoom.
 And the year before seems like a sweet dream.

Ivy has shown me the deepest love. To expect and to give.
She has knocked me down a peg or two or three.
She has raised my expectations of myself.
She has been a mirror.


 She taught me the strength of my body.
She brought our family closer.
She caused me to examine who I need to be to her.
And to myself.


I have been more afraid numerous times because of her.
Sickness, teething, constipation, black eyes.
I have had more than sympathy pains.
I am learning to be stronger.


 Ivy is the unexpected personality.
My mom wonders where some of her zing came from.
A complete extrovert.
Very hilarious.
A walking eyeball.
Aware.
Sensitive.
Busy.
Loving.

She is my first babe.
The one I will make the most mistakes with
The one I will have that special first connection with.
The one who will offer more grace than I deserve.

I am grateful for hilarious Ivy.
A total life changer.


Happy Birthday, Ivy!

+

I realize I missed two days of gratefulness
How bout a make-up grateful.

   
I am grateful for this sisterly connection.
Gaibrien is a great sister!
They love each other much, much.





No comments:

Post a Comment