Monday, November 5, 2012

Twenty Five Days of Gratitude: Epiphanies

Source: plus.google.com via USA on Pinterest


Pre-election thoughts.

This has been a hard one for me to decide this year. 
Romney, Obama, Romney, Obama?

For those of you who are dedicated to one or the other, I get it. I hear you . 
I am glad for your peace of mind!

After a very long day of contemplation, Facebook, private messages, discussions with my mom, and discussions with my husband, I have come to a decision.
Because I feel like a raw nerve, I plan to keep this decision private.

But why it was difficult, that is what I would like to discuss...

I grew up in a Republican environment.
I married a liberal thinker.
My friends seem to be split 50/50. 

I love my entire family. I love my husband. I love my friends.
 I am thankful for their opinions.

I think I have buried some of my own thoughts out of the fear of division. 
Division is awful. 
 I hate it among churches, among family, among friends, and among the country. I flee it.

There is something freeing about realizing this. About getting to know myself better. 
Epiphanies are soothing and emotionally draining.
And I had one today.
I am grateful for epiphanies. 

This election year, more than any other, I have really searched my heart and FactCheck.org.
I have researched what Republicans believe in
and what Democrats believe in.
I have thought about my Christian faith.
I have thought about how I am effected by others opinions. 
And about when I retaliate or am spiteful or inspired or on a band wagon. 
I have thought about past, present, and future.

I have come to a conclusion that I know is well intentioned.
That has been thought out.
And that is from my head and my heart.


 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment