Saturday, November 3, 2012

Twenty Five Days of Gratitude: Cool Girl


I appreciate cool girls.
I appreciate vulnerability.
I like when a lady can articulate honestly.

"What makes a strong female character is a character who has weaknesses and flaws...someone who is relatable" 
-Tavi

I like role models. I hate the word, but I like them.

When I was a girl, I didn't have a hard time expressing my feelings. I thank my mom for that. And my gram. And my Aunt Lisa
And every single good friend I ever had, which were a lot of authentic ladies.
I feel like I was blessed in this area of life.
Still am.

When I look at girls like Tavi (youtube video people) I am reminded of my girlhood. 
The openness. Admitting weakness. Spending time being creative. Being herself. Having passion.
Hey small group, ya trackin?

If Ivy grows up and wears her heart on her sleeve, I will be glad.
If she loves something with her entire heart, I will be glad.
If she cries, I will be glad.
If she wears black lip stick and collect animal bones and has the kindest heart, I will be more than glad.

This world is dark. Being a girl is hard.

Self-confidence is crucial.

I believe that comes with expressing feelings...

healthily.

I pray it's through some sport, or art, or church, or chess club. I pray she will tell me things. Tell Eric things. Deep things.
Like I told my mom.

I promise to be a soft spot to fall.
I promise that if I disagree, I won't be harsh.
I promise that I will guide with love.
I promise I won't try to change her.

I will always encourage communication, authenticity, creativity, and goodness.

I love Tavi. She is herself. She seems healthy minded. She is wise.

One great role model for Ivy and me.

Who are some good role models for girls, ladies, and women? Who do you love? Why?

And check out more Tavi

                    



No comments:

Post a Comment