Sunday, November 11, 2012

Twenty Five Days of Gratitude: Scripture

"When I kept silent,
  my bones wasted away
    through my groaning all day long. 
    For day and night
  your hand was heavy on me;
     my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer."

Psalm 32:3-4

I am grateful for scripture.
This one spoke to me yestermorn.
I haven't been near to prayer.
I go through phases and lately it's been a running one.

But I woke before the sun rose and thought
"gotta get back."
This is what I found.
And it could not be more true to me.

Snap back.

My strength wains and I become super snippy and irrational when I am not concentrated on prayer and goodness and the love that Christ exemplifies. 

Snap back.

I think people might fear the idea that forgiveness is needed.
But man, it can really free a girl.
Holding onto all that grumpy, gross, judgmental, loud, ass whole-ish attitude?  
And with pride?
Well, it kills me.

Sapped as in the heat of summer.

Thankfully...

"Then I acknowledged my sin to you
    and did not cover up my iniquity.
I said, 'I will confess
    my transgressions to the Lord.'
And you forgave
  the guilt of my sin."

Psalm 32: 5-6 

Grateful for scripture.
Grateful to sigh. 




No comments:

Post a Comment