Thursday, November 15, 2012


I am extremely grateful for that lady on the left.
My mom.
You can't put a price on how much she means to me.

We are two peas in a pod. Most of the time.
Every time we see each other,
we say the exact same word at the exact same time with the exact same emotion and meaning. 
We sigh and laugh and well up with tears in unison.
Twin-like.

My mom.
She's a passionate one.
She is zesty and doesn't care.
But she is kind.
And she so desperately wants justice.
And she wants people to do right.
And she is pure.
If I could describe my mom in one word, it would be that.
Pure.
 
 
 Purely authentic, honest, real, and outright.
She doesn't have a bad bone.
Sometimes she can come on strong,
the motive always right.

My mom is a mother.
She has always prided herself on that.
She is a very good mother.

She is a complete nurturer.
Today I needed her.
I've been going through some stuff.
I hadn't planned on discussing any of it, but she read my voice.
I was meaning to sound chipper, but she knew.

She has the best advice always.
Such wisdom that comes from love.
Only love.

Today she told me that my two main priorities are making sure Ivy is secure in me 
and that my marriage remains solid.
Simple.
Needed.

I wish I could be as carefree as my mom.
She drinks in moments.
I have never met anyone like that.
She could eat the seasons with a spoon.
She is gleeful about creativity.
She compliments with joy and sincerity.
She is nostalgic.
She indulges in feeling and makes your heart her own.
 
She doesn't rush.
She doesn't worry.
She isn't a perfectionist.

She just enjoys.
Thoroughly.
And she loves 
deeply.
 
 
I am grateful that she is my mom.
So grateful.





No comments:

Post a Comment