Friday, July 13, 2012

We Be Daughters





I want my girl Ivy Roe to understand forgiveness. This is such a big deal.  Don't you think?  That also means recognizing when she is wrong.  Both key to living an actual, joyful, and rich life.

I hope Ivy has deep interests.  Things she takes time on.  Things she is proud of, and that are really her.  I hope she finds her passions easy and holds them always.

I want this strong-willed, stubborn lady to use these traits for good.

I hope that she is kind.  KIND.  And gentle, but strong.  And good.  A good person.

I also want her to love easily, without fear of heartbreak.  But to also expect that not all people are good, and that is okay.  That's where love and forgiveness and strength come in.

I want Ivy to know God.  I hope she does all on her own.  But I hope she appreciates my faith no matter her conclusion.

A peace-maker, a loyal friend.  A pure intentioned girl, a secure individual.  A woman empowered.

I don't care what her accomplishments in school are, what career she decides on, whether or not she is rich or poor.

I value her mind and her heart.  I value the kind of person she is.




You daughters, you women.  We begin in such a sweet state.  Why should we not remain that way?

Take care of yourself.  And blow kisses to the little girls growing up in this crazy world.  They need all the help they can get. 









No comments:

Post a Comment