Monday, October 22, 2012

Wet Boots and Rain

I like old. I like the feel of nostalgia. I like remembering. I like rust and tattered. I think it all lovely. 

I appreciate fashion. I use to have time to be more fashionable. And even if I am wearing comfortable clothing half the time, I still get fashion. I see it and like it.

I like classic. I admire classy men and women. I definitely have my favorites. Mary-Kate and Ashley, Nicole Richie, and Michelle Williams fall into my girlie fashionista crushes. You might not know it looking at me - post baby, married, and trying to balance a budget. But, I like'em.

I also like the rugged men. I am not all into the prep and the clean cut as much as I am into the guy that looks like a lumber jack nooffenseprepandclean. I consider Tom Waits a mix between lumber man + classy lad. I enjoy his theatrical vibe. Creative, handsome, and careless.


And, I gravitate toward his choice of shoes. Usually boots. And I want to wear them.

And that, my readers, is what this blog post is about. My fashion fall endeavor. Black boots with a Waits'esque feel. 

I usually have some fall fashion want. Two years ago it was a burka and brown cute winter boots. Fashionable but good for logic. Getting a two month old around in complete comfort. Ding, ding, Merry Christmas.

This year, I want a black boot with edge. Kinda sexy, kinda strong, kinda durable. Something to wear with skinnies or dressies. Boots that can grow old and tattered and full of nostalgia. 

I'll let you know where Tom leads me around December 25th.


"Novembers cold chain made of wet boots and rain and shiny black ravens on chimney smoke lanes"

-Tom Waits





No comments:

Post a Comment