Saturday, October 20, 2012

Just Sick


Does this girl look sick to you?
Yeah, I didn't think so.

What a hard Saturday. Guys, she threw up three times during the twilight zone hours. A fever. A horrid cough. All glassy eyed. And she has had three different sick symptoms over the last four weeks. I'm about to fall over from sympathy pains + general mother love.

I feel sick. Sick in my heart, sick to my stomach, and sick of wearing pj's all day. Being a mom is hard, hard, hard. And I take it in deep. I take her warm-sick-breath and her cold to hot body temps and her cute little voice to heart, to anxiety, to please shoot me. I wish I could have a neutral button or logic button or just an it's-gonna-be-okay button to press. Even keel, granted. Got it, granted. Peace, there ya go.

You feel me, you mudders? the girl in Once called her mom that and I loved it

And I am sorry, but dad's, you are tooooo easy going about all of this. Am I right? Or, am I wrong?
istillloveyoue

I am dreaming of November, when my girl is healthy. Yes? And she turns two and the holidays bring about some comfort and joy. I am ready for Moonbugs to not be canceled. I am ready to color my hair, loose the drink chub, and pull on my boots to get up and go.

Until then, I will watch my girl drink broth from a coffee cup while smiling gleefully as her fever spikes.





No comments:

Post a Comment